Seafood Misto Recipe
Level of Difficulty: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Serves 2 to 4 persons
|Vegetable Oil (for frying)||8 cups|
|Cake Flour||2 cups|
|Ground Pepper||1 teaspoon|
|List of Seafood and Mixed Vegetables
- Fit a medium heavy pot, pour in oil to measure about 4”. Heat over medium-high until thermometer registers 350°.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk flour, salt and pepper.
- Working in small batches, toss the seafood and mixed vegetables in the flour mixture, coating them evenly, and shake off any excess.
- Using a wire skimmer, lower the seafood and mixed vegetables into the hot oil. Fry, turning occasionally to cook evenly and gently, separating as needed, until golden and crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Using the skimmer, remove the seafood and vegetables from the oil, transfer to a paper towel–lined wire rack; season with salt.
- Repeat 3 more times with remaining ingredients, returning oil to 350° between batches.
- When all of the seafood has been fried, transfer it to a platter, garnish with the lemon slices and serve immediately.
You can customise your own Seafood Misto platter with your favourite seafood and mixed vegetables.