Level of Difficulty: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Serves 2 to 4 persons
|T-bone Steak (900g-1kg)||1 piece|
|Extra-Virgin Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tablespoon|
|Unsalted Butter||100 gm, melted|
|Whole Garlic Bulbs||4 pieces|
|Micro Herbs||2 to 4 sprigs|
- Remove the steak from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Rub each side with the olive oil to coat first then rub salt and pepper on both sides of each steak.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Raise the heat to high, add the steak and cook until well browned, turning once, about 7 minutes for the first side, and 4 minutes on the second side, for medium-rare. Flip the steak with tongs and sear the edges.
- Transfer the steak to cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the tenderloin and strip from the bone, and slice it into segments but keep them together against the bone.
- Serve the steak au natural or with béarnaise, black pepper or red wine jus, if you like, with sprinkling of sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
Tip: If it’s too difficult or requires too much effort, you can order for our takeaway a la carte menu from Crossroads here.