Raspberry Gula Melaka Coconut Cake
Level of Difficulty: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Makes 1kg cake
1250 grams Butter
1250 grams Sugar
1000 grams Egg
1250 grams Flour
1000 grams Butter
1000 grams Sugar
850 grams Flour
850 grams Ground Almond
300 grams Desiccated Coconut
Coconut Croustillant (1200g/mobile tray)
1200 grams White Chocolate
40 grams Cocoa Butter
1200 grams Feuilletine
400 grams Coconut Crumble (baked)
2000 grams Frozen Raspberry
400 grams Lemon Juice
1200 grams Sugar
50 grams Pectin
Raspberry Cremeux (2500g/black tray)
500 grams Raspberry Puree
280 grams Yolk
320 grams Egg
300 grams Sugar
12 grams Gelatine
360 grams Butter
Gula Melaka Mousse
470 grams Gula Melaka
600 grams Coconut milk
2 grams Vanilla Pod
320 grams Yolk
26 grams Gelatine
850 grams Whipped Cream
1000 grams Mirror Glazing Gel
400 grams Raspberry Puree
10 grams Gelatine leaf
Preparation method for Vanilla Sponge
- Cream the butter and the sugar until pale. Beat in the eggs.
- Sift over the flour and fold in using a large metal spatula.
- Layer on tray and bake at 180- degrees for 12 minutes.
Preparation method for the Coconut Croustillant
- Melt white chocolate and cocoa powder, then add into feuilletine and coconut crumble, mix well. Cut to 5cm x 49cm.
Preparation method for the Raspberry Jam
- Boil frozen raspberry and lemon juice, add in mixed sugar and pectin, bring to boil again.
Preparation method for the Raspberry Cremeux
- Warm raspberry puree, then add in yolk, sugar and egg, anglaise.
- Then add in gelatine. Blend in butter at 40°C. 2500g per tray, cut to 5cm x 49cm.
Preparation method for the Gula Melaka Mousse
- Boil gula melaka, coconut milk and vanilla pod, then add in yolk, anglaise.
- Cool completely before adding in melted gelatine. Fold in whipped cream lastly.
Preparation method for the Red Glaze
- Boil mirror gel and raspberry puree.
- Add gelatine leaf and blend. Cool mixture and glaze when cold.
- Place a layer of Gula Melaka Mousse into the yule log mould. Using a spatula, press the mousse along the sides of the mould.
- Add the layer of frozen Raspberry Creameux.
- Then add another layer of Gula Melaka Mousse.
- Finish with the block of frozen Raspberry Jam, Coconut Croustillant and Vanilla Sponge. Freeze it.
- Unmold the log cake from the plastic yule log mould. Warm a little to melt the Raspberry Glaze and glaze the frozen Log Cake.
Credits to: Executive Pastry Chef, Edwin Leow